Parenting Wisely is evidence based and has proven effective at:
- significantly reducing verbal and physical aggression between teens and parents (and between spouses and partners!)
- significantly reducing the frequency and severity of teen/preteen problem behaviors
- significantly increasing knowledge of and implementation of effective parenting skills
- improving and strengthening family relationships
- allows parents to view common family problems enacted in video scenes
- provides multiple solutions critiquing both effective and ineffective parenting methods
- teaches valuable communication and behavior management skills including: Contracting, Assertive Discipline, "I" Statements, Supervision of Schoolwork and Peers, Positive Role-Modeling, and more…
- includes a comprehensive parent workbooks with all solution critiques, review questions, a glossary of terms, sample behavior charts, practice exercises, and more!
Parenting Wisely has been named an "exemplary" program by the Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention (OJJDP), a "model" program by The Center for Substance Abuse Prevention (CSAP) and listed as an evidence-based program by the National Registry of Evidence-based Programs and Practices (NREPP) and a "best practices" program by the Center for the Application of Prevention Technologies (WCAPT).